Steno Diabetes Center North Denmark
The mission of Steno Diabetes Center North Denmark is to strengthen the diabetes efforts in Denmark by creating an internationally leading treatment and research environment, and developing digital technology, educational skills, and cross sector collaboration to benefit citizens living with diabetes.
Our organizational framework
- SDCN is a part of Aalborg University Hospital and The North Denmark Region
- SDCN is established January 1th 2018 by a donation of 795 mio. Dkr by the Novo Nordisk Foundation
- The donation covers supplementary treatment, clinical research, digital health, education, cross sector collaboration and constructing and equipping a new SDCN building in 2022
- The donation has been given to the public healthcare system of Denmark who owns and operates the Steno Diabetes Centres.
- Improve quality of life and lifespans of diabetes patients.
- Create a coherent diabetes treatment close to the patient.
- Halt the increase of new onset diabetes.
- Base treatment and prevention of complications at the highest professional level.
- Clinical and interdisciplinary research at international level for the benefit of diabetes patients.
- Diabetes patients are optimally equipped to handle their own disease and to prevent complications.
- Cross sector collaboration between patients, GPs, communities and the hospitals on the prevention, early diagnosis and treatment of diabetes.
Our key activities
Network of seven Steno Diabetes Centres
Steno Diabetes Center Copenhagen
Steno Diabetes Center Sjælland
Steno Diabetes Center Greenland